Rather than leaving the space beneath the home side seating open and unused, Birdville ISD decided to enclose that space and incorporate fine-arts and professional-development programs.
The home side six stories, and the second level is devoted entirely to the arts and meeting areas. Three adjoining conference rooms total more than 7,000 square feet and can be used as three separate meeting spaces, or as one space with a capacity of nearly 800. These spaces are organized along a main corridor that stretches the length of the complex.
A 2,700-square-foot black-box theater seats up to 100 and is equipped with the latest in stage lighting and sound systems. A press box occupies the fifth and sixth floors. The sixth floor houses media representatives and coaches, and the fifth floor contains a VIP booth with kitchenette that accommodates up to 40 guests.
The Birdville ISD Fine Arts/Athletics Complex (also known as the FAAC) is a multi-purpose stadium located in North Richland Hills, Texas. The 12,000 seat stadium is primarily used for high school football games for Birdville High School, Richland High School (Texas), and Haltom High School. The stadium is also used for BISD’s fine arts events and soccer for the three high schools. It is also utilized for the district’s middle school football games. The stadium was used for performances as the All-Birdville Marching Band prepared for the 2011 Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, California. The stadium was built and completed in December, 1999. It is one of the two stadiums in the district, along with Birdville Stadium, in Haltom City, next to the district’s basketball arena, the Wiley G. Thomas Coliseum. Birdville Stadium is older than the FAAC, known as the district’s sister stadium. The FAAC is known very well by the state of Texas, because of the size and style. The stadium’s playing surface is AstroTurf. The stadium is right next to Birdville High School and NYTEX Sports Centre, home of the Texas Brahmas.
- 12,000 seating stadium capacity (7,000 home, 5,000 visitor)
- Synthetic turf surface
- Electronic scoreboard/replay machine (equipment allows close-ups of competitions and athletic events to be shown on the 9′ x 15′ viewing area)
- Deluxe Community spectator area
- Scouting area
- Dedicated space for media
- Five women’s and three men’s restroom facilities
- Ample parking
- Four concession stands with state-of-the-art ordering and processing
- Food service catering available
- Meeting rooms that can seat up to 800 people comfortably
- (the area also can be partitioned into three private rooms)
- Community room
- Security (Uniformed police officers work every event)
- Accessibility and services for disabled guests
- Professional staff
- No-Tobacco policy
9200 Mid Cities Boulevard
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
- Freshman Green vs Haltom - 09/21/2017 - 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- BYE Week - 09/22/2017 - 12:00 am
- Richland (District) *Future Hawk Night - 10/06/2017 - 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Eastern Hills (District) *Homecoming - 10/20/2017 - 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Colleyville Heritage - 11/01/2017 - 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Colleyville Heritage - 11/01/2017 - 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Grapevine (District) *Senior Night - 11/10/2017 - 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm